An ultrasound scan is a painless and safe medical test that uses high-frequency sound waves to capture live images of structures from the inside of your body. Ultrasound scan helps to diagnose various diseases and conditions of the body. An ultrasound test is performed and interpreted by a radiologist or sonologist. The ultrasound test usually takes 10 min to 20 minutes to complete depending on the type of scan requested after which a report is issued to the patient.
Baby on the Way
The pregnancy ultrasound is used to measure the growth and development of your baby.
The pregnancy ultrasound may be scheduled several times during your pregnancy for any of these reasons:
- To diagnose an early pregnancy
- To learn the age of the baby
- To check for problems with your baby
- To keep track of your baby’s growth
- To find the cause of vaginal bleeding
- To learn the position of your baby
- Abdomen & Pelvis Scan
- Pelvic scan
- KUB scan
- Thyroid scan
- Breast Scan
- Extremity scan, small parts study.
- Colour dopplers